-->

Review: Twisted Perfection (Perfection #1) by Abbi Glines


Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren’t something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out. There was always a chance she’d go crazy sooner than they expected…

Woods Kerrington had never been one to be attracted to fragile females. They seemed like too much work. He wasn’t in it for the work just the pleasure. A night full of naughty fun had been exactly what was on his mind when he’d laid eyes on the hot little number that didn’t know how to pump gas and needed some help.

What he didn’t know was she was as fragile as they came.
The carefree girl who spoke her mind and didn’t care what the world thought of her was more breakable than he could ever imagine…

Review:
I think I am one a the few persons who wasn't a total fan of Woods in the Too Far series. To me he was arrogant, but not in that sexy cocky way and what others saw as him being protective towards Blaire, I just saw as him meddling where he wasn't wanted. So to be honest I was a little surprised at him getting his own story, but after reading Twisted Perfection, holy smokes that was awesome!
"He was one of those sexy, beautiful, dangerous ones. I could tell by the smirk on his face."
Woods is a very handsome and confident guy, he knows what he wants (namely running the country club) and he goes for it, even if this means having to marry someone he can barely stand. That is until he meets Della. After one night of steaming of the charts sex, it seems he can't quite get her out of his mind. Certainly when she shows back up a couple of months later, working for him. Having her right in front of him every day and not touching her seems more than he can handle.

Della is quite a contradicting girl. She has led a extremely sheltered life and this has scarred her, leaving her with demons she can't outrun. Still now that life is her own she's ready to live it to the fullest. She is this combination of naivety, excitement, jaded and little daredevil all in one, ready to experience the world and all its people. So meeting someone like Woods was not something she was expecting and their mutual attraction surprises her, but she takes full advantage of that.
“My future was about to be completely thrown off track because Della Sloane was under my skin and I had to have her.”
While Della is fighting her inner terrors, Woods will have to make a decision about his future. How much is he really willing to sacrifice for his happiness? Is his career more important than love?...
"Her nails clawed at my back and I knew her marks would be there tomorrow. It made me even more insane. I wanted her marks all over me. Just as thoroughly as I was about to mark her pussy."
What surprised me the most about this book was Woods actually. The guy went full alpha protective male on Della's ass. Also he has quite the mouth on him, the dirty things he dares to say would make any girl drop her panties for him. The sex scenes are so smoking explosive. And don't let Della's innocence fool you, that girl can get it on.
“You are mine. Do you hear me? You are mine, Della Sloane. I will take care of you. Nothing is taking you away from me. Nothing.”
All in all very surprising and steaming hot. There was indeed a cliffhanger, but not like in the Too Far series, nothing that dramatic. The most interesting parts, except the obvious "fun" scenes, are the moments where we get inside Woods head and get a full grip on his emotion and feelings. That's what made me change my mind about him being an arrogant jackass.

Abbi Glines' new adult books really do stand out from other authors. She keeps it so refreshing and original, with characters that you come to care about, laughing and crying along with them. I recommend all her books and can honestly say she never disappoints. So if you haven't read any of her books yet, you need to get started now! 


Connect with Abbi Glines:

Total Book Geek
 

No comments:

Post a Comment