-->

Review: Breaking Brandon (Fate #2) by Elizabeth Reyes

This release caught me totally by surprise as in I had to find out through Elizabeth Reyes' editor. It's definitely one of the best early birthday presents ever!

Fate is a Moreno Brothers spinoff series.

He ruled out attachments years ago. Then one day he crosses paths with a beautiful but pampered daddy's little princess. History has taught him one thing about women like her—steer clear.

She was starting over. She moved back to her home town, took a new job assignment, and left her past behind. For the first time in over eighteen months, she's even intrigued by a man—a sexy but cold and indifferent drill sergeant. Despite feeling drawn to him, she has no time to figure out his inexplicable aversion to her.

Then Fate steps in one night, forcing them together. There's a connection neither can refute, and they both consider giving into the undeniable attraction.

Fate however can also be cruel. Just when they surrender to their heart's desires, past demons resurface in the most unexpected way, threatening the happiness neither realized they so desperately needed.

Review:

Brandon was definitely one of my least favourite characters after Sweet Sofie. Everything that had happened between those two, was just too weird and I was rooting for Eric at that moment. So yeah, Brandon could have gone to hell for all I cared.

Enter my surprise when I found out the guy was getting his own book. Obviously I had my doubts, but like always I trust in Elizabeth Reyes to make it good and she definitely did. Goodbye weird stalker boy, hello hot marine! A couple years have gone by and after what has happened in his past, Brandon is no longer the same boy. Now he's a man who has forced himself to become stoic and absolutely make no attachments to anyone, certainly not with women. 

Brandon has been able to keep his distance from everyone all these years, until this little Ms. Brady walks into his life. Now he tries to stay away from her, often even gives her the evil eye, but it doesn't work when she literally falls for him. This was not intentionally of course, but it turns out all kinds of interesting.

I really love that Brandon is an all or nothing kind of guy and so straight forward. It's just nice to read a love story where it's not all about miscommunication and high drama. Though I do have to mention there is one surprise I did not see coming and makes we want to read 'Romero' again. For those people who have a better memory than mine, this might not be a surprise. But anyway I loved it!

Regina Brady was also a very interesting character. She's not necessarily the first woman I would have picked for Brandon, but it just works so great. This all could have gone so stereotypical, but the way Elizabeth Reyes has written it, makes it so easy to read. Honestly I finished it and barely noticed any time had gone by. It flows just so well and that's one of the reasons I love reading her books.

My favourite part of the book might be the Epilogue. Without giving away any spoilers, it once again shows what a great and sweet guy Brandon really is. Seriously I think he might have ruined the Moreno's for me; he's my new favourite!



Connect with Elizabeth Reyes:

Fate:

     

The Moreno Brothers: 

              

Total Book Geek
 

No comments:

Post a Comment