-->

Review: The Design (A Heart Novel #2) by R.S. Grey


Five minutes until the interview begins.

Fresh on the heels of her college graduation, Cameron Heart has landed an interview at a prestigious architecture firm.

Four minutes until the interview.

She knows she’s only there because the owner, Grayson Cole, is her older sister’s friend.

Three minutes.

For the last seven years, Grayson has been the most intimidating man Cammie has ever had the pleasure, or displeasure, of being around.

Two Minutes.

But the job opportunity is too good to pass up. So, Cammie will have to ignore the fact that Grayson is handsome enough to have his own national holiday.

One.

After all, she shouldn’t feel that way about her new boss. And, he will be her new boss.



“I’m not intimidated by you,” I said with a confident smile.
“Perhaps we should fix that, Ms. Heart. Close the door.”



Cammie has always admired Grayson from afar. He inspired her to also become an architect, but that's one of the few positive thoughts she has about him. Over the years he's been aloof, superior, and treating her like his best friend's little sister. While Cammie wanted him to see her as something more. She definitely got what she wished for, when at her interview he declares that he's attracted to her, but can not act on it as she is now his new employee.

Somehow Cammie sees his admission as a challenge. Though I never understood why Grayson would tell her how he felt about her at the interview. In my mind it made no sense. But it is the beginning of a fun game. Cammie pushes all his buttons and it's only a matter of time until Grayson gives in.

While Cammie was definitely a fun character. The words that come out her mouth are hilarious, and actually made me laugh out loud once or twice. Though her tenacity in pursuing Grayson doesn't make much sense to me, except maybe she wanted to feel victorious of getting him. While I admit he's a handsome fella, I just didn't see the real appeal.

That's how I feel about the entire story actually. I never saw that connection between Cammie and Greyson. To me everything felt mostly superficial, and we never really got to know Greyson. It really isn't until towards the end of the story, that we finally get to see that he's a decent guy with some obvious true feelings. Most of the time, to me, he still was the Greyson Cammie described in the beginning. I didn't feel any warmth between them.

So as a love story, I find it a bit lacking. If you want to say it's humoristic story, then I would go more with that. I still enjoyed it, but would have liked to actually feel more emotions. Maybe a dual point of view could have helped with that.


A Heart Novel - Reading order and purchase links

  

Connect with R.S. Grey:

No comments:

Post a Comment