-->

Music Monday (Apr. 28)

Music Monday is a weekly book meme. Everyone can join in, you just have to do the following:
  • Choose a book or a scene from a book.
  • Choose a song that fits said book or scene.
  • Tell us why you paired them together.
  • Don't forget to share the title and author.
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!

I read the book Without You by Julie Prestsater last week and I kept hearing the chorus of David Guetta's song Without You in my head. Still it didn't feel quite right with me, as it is a very upbeat song. I am so glad I found this version though. Kurt Schneider and Max Schneider are two people I follow online and they are amazingly talented.

This slower version of the song and only using the piano was just what I was looking for. First of all when Evan James starts singing his song to Madison, it's just him and the piano. Now the lyrics aren't the same as used in the book, but they still remind me a bit of what Evan is going through. He had it all, the riches and the fame, but it isn't the same and it means nothing without her by his side.

"Can't erase, so I'll take blame. But I can't accept that we're estranged" This part reminds me of the reason they broke up. He was going places and somehow this created a certain distance between, which lead to the end of their relationship. Now he's back and at first it almost feels like they are strangers and Evan will make sure that is going to change.

If you don't have a blog and want to participate just share your links to the book and song in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment