Music Monday is a weekly book meme. Everyone can join in, you just have to do the following:
- Choose a book or a scene from a book.
- Choose a song that fits said book or scene.
- Tell us why you paired them together.
- Don't forget to share the title and author.
- Be careful not to include spoilers!
Toni Aleo is a major Ed Sheeran fan, so when she came across thing song, it was perfect for her latest novel the Whiskey Prince. It definitely fits into the whole Irish scene, but I like to take it a little deeper. Amberlyn likes to sing this song to herself, because her dad used to sing it a lot so it reminds her of her parents. Not just that, it's a comfort for her to hear that song. It might be a song about the end of a night at the pub, you could also see it in a bigger picture, the Parting Glass at the end of life. At least that is how I look at it and I love this acoustic/acapella version.
If you don't have a blog and want to participate just share your links to the book and song in the comments.